Tutorial to Get Backtrack 5 R3 on USB
Today, we are going to learn how to install BackTrack 5 R3 live in USB. The process is same for BackTrack 5 R2 and R1 also and is really simple.
What You’ll Need
- Just go to this link and click Download.
- In Select Require Version select BackTrack 5 R3
- In Window Manager I prefer to select GNOME (it looks clean and nice) but you can select KDE. (They are the flavors of Backtrack).
- In Architecture choose 32 for a 32-bit architecture etc.
- In Image Type select “ISO”
- Select your preferred download type. Usually I use Torrent.
This is the software that allows you to create bootable Live USB drive. It is available for Linux, Windows and OSX. You can download the software from here.
Minimum USB Drive of 4GB capacity is required.
Step 1: Plugin your USB Drive
Step 2: Format the USB drive to FAT32
Step 3: Start Unebootin and choose the “diskimage” option below and browse for the BackTrack 5 ISO file.
Step 4: Select the “Type” as USB Drive.
Step 6: Browse for the Backtrack iso file you downloaded and click to open.
Step 7: Select your USB drive and click “OK” for making a bootable BackTrack USB drive.
Step 8: After the process completes, reboot the computer and boot BackTrack from the live USB Drive and remember that the default username and password are root / toor
NOTE: if you run BackTrack by using this process, you will not be able to save your settings and other. You can save temporarily – but if you eject the flash drive and re-insert it, you will get a new BackTrack. Nothing from you last session will be saved.